I get asked quite often by other women in my office building: “How do you do that? Getting all dolled up like that EVERY SINGLE DAY of the week!”
My answer is usually something like that: “Well I believe that a Woman who looks and smell good, dresses and speaks well, love and laugh often, has drive and ambition, confident and class, is spiritual and about her business is WINNING! and I want to be winning!”
As a woman, your look is very important in a professional/corporate environment, in order to be respected by your coworkers and/or employees.
We have to be careful with the message we send to people through our clothes. With time I figures the perfect message should be “Hi! I am pretty, but smart and classy, and I have no time to waste, only money to earn!” LOL!
I decided to write this post to show my morning routine, as I am getting ready to got to work. As a Marketing manager, my look is VERY IMPORTANT!
The “Boss Lady” look can be done with different hairstyles. Today I chose to make a simple bun, as it is a classic, doesn’t take too long ( especially with my messy curly mane hahah ) and it enlightens my face feature very well.
I did a very simple and natural make up, enhanced my features with a slight contour and soft colors.
Video tutorial :
List of products used:
- Step 1: Hair moisturizing and styling
– OKAY JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL LEAVE IN CONDITIONER
- Step 2 : Pimples drying
– MARIO BADESCU DRYING MASK (in this case only apply on the pimples and not all over the face, in order to prevent them from getting bigger in the day)
- Step 3: Face moisturizing and preparation
– OOLUTION “MAKE A DIFFERENCE!” , FACE GLOW LOTION
– BENEFITS “THE PORE PROFESIONAL” PRIMER
- Step 4 : Contour part 1: Lights
– LA GIRL PROCONCEAL CONCEALER AND CORRECTOR (GC991 YELLOW)
– MAC FIX + SETTING SPRAY
- Step 5 : Contour part 2: Shades
– Eyeshadow blending brush
– MAC POWDER BLUSH ( BLUNT MATTE)
– Make Up blending brush (bigger than the Eyeshadow blending brush)
- Step 6: Baking
– Sponge brush
– BEN NYE LUXURIOUS BANANA POWDER
- Step 7 : Eyebrows Make Up
– Eyebrows brush
– MAC “EYE SHADOW X 15 / WARM PALETTE” (COLOR: DANCE IN THE DARK)
- Step 8: Face finish
– KIKO RADIANT FUSION BAKED POWDER
- Step 9: Cheeks Highlight
– BOBBI BROWN “SHIMMER BRICK COMPACT” BRONZE
- Step 10: Eyes Make Up
– MAC “EYE SHADOW X 15 / WARM PALETTE” (COLOR: GINGER SNAP)
- Step 11: Lips Make Up
– KIKO MATTE LIPSTICK ( #4 IMPECCABLE ROSEWOOD)
- Step 12 : Make up Setting
– MAC FIX + SETTING SPRAY
For my “Boss Lady”outfit of the day I chose a classic long sleep shirt. The color is fresh and feminine as it has very discrete white and pink stripes. I chose a V-neck shirt as I think it is very sophisticated and fits with the message I want to send to people 😉 .
I opted for a pencil skirt with floral patterns... The fashionista touch is there with the choker necklace…
And… It’s a Wrap!