FINE JEWELRY: EMERALD IS THE NEW BLACK!
Emeralds has definitly been in fine jewelry lovers minds, since the Era of the Queen until now.
Today, the demand has increased and designs have evolved, bringing the emeralds’ ancient allure to modern collectors.
We still remember last years Grammy Awards ceremony, when the world has been amazed by Beyoncé rocking 80-carat emerald-and-diamond earrings on the red carpet. A trend kicked by Angelina Jolie when she showed up with her breathe taking emerald drop earrings to the 2009 Academy Awards. After that, Taylor Swift, Emma Stone, and Miranda Kerr, also showed their love for emeralds.
“Now more than ever before, the world is paying attention to color in jewelry,” says Melvyn Kirtley, chief gemologist at Tiffany & Co. “Color allows more individuality when complementing a wardrobe, and as people become more educated about emeralds and their rarity, they find themselves wanting to own these enchanting stones.”
Where to find la creme de la creme of Emeralds Jewelery
1. 18k white-gold 31.28 carat emerald and 7.52 carat diamond High Jewelry collection earrings, Chopard.
2. 18k white-gold emerald and diamond Arcata necklace from the Bals de Légende collection, Van Cleef & Arpels.
3. 18k white-gold emerald and diamond Cento Frizzante Diamond necklace, Roberto Coin.
4. Platinum 25.91 carat emerald and 137.09 carat diamond Red Carpet Collection bracelet, Chopard.
5. 18k yellow-gold and platinum emerald and diamond Cluster earrings from The Incredibles Collection, Harry Winston.
6. 18k rose-gold 7.26 carat cushion-cut emerald Extremely Piaget ring, Piaget.
7. 18k white-gold diamond, emerald, and tourmaline Piaget Mediterranean Garden earrings, Piaget.
8. 18k gold and platinum emerald-cut emerald and diamond drop earrings, Tiffany & Co.
9. 18k white-gold diamond and emerald High Jewelry necklace, Bulgari.
10. 18k white-gold emerald, diamond, and turquoise Piaget Asmara ring from the Secrets & Lights collection, Piaget.
11. Platinum emerald and diamond rings, Tiffany & Co.
12. 18k white-gold 7.99 carat emerald and 2.92 carat diamond Red Carpet Collection earrings, Chopard.
13. 146.65 carat carved emerald and 42.94 carat diamond double brooch with transferable mechanism, Graff.
14. Titanium 26.01 carat emerald Red Carpet Collection earrings, Chopard.
15. 146.65 carat carved emerald and 42.94 carat diamond double brooch with transferable mechanism, Graff.
16. Platinum, emerald, blue sapphire, and turquoise Extremely Piaget ring, Piaget.
17. 18k white-gold diamond and emerald High Jewelry necklace, Bulgari.
18. 18k white- and yellow-gold 4.48 carat emerald and white and yellow diamond Gateau d’ Amour ring from the Peau d’Âne collection, Van Cleef & Arpels.